The journey from the good life to bad started in the summer of 2011.
Then, nearly 20 years into a career as a personal-care worker, Rowe took
a client into her home for weekend care.
The non-communicative client cut herself in the bathroom and while a
visiting nurse friend stemmed the bleeding, Rowe began to clean up.
“It’s summer, I’m in flip-flops and I’ve got cracked feet. I’ve got my gloves on, but they aren’t going to do anything for me.”
The client had hepatitis C and an unknowing Rowe contracted the disease.
Labels: Canada, occupational exposure, personal care risks, Personal Stories, Transmission and Prevention